||Now available for sale to the US through the manufacturer.
Ultra light, the Alto is entirely constructed from composite materials and aluminium.
The walls and roof are a sandwich construction of a honeycomb core laminated with an aluminium skin on one side and an Alufiber skin on the other. Alufiber combines the light weight properties of aluminium with the resistance of fiberglass. The Alto is built exclusively from materials that are water resistant such as aluminium, Alufiber, plastic, Formica and glass.
On the road: With its Flexiride independent suspension system and its very low centre of gravity the Alto is very stable. Its aluminium frame is constructed without any welding, and it supports stream-lined holding tanks designed to optimize the aerodynamics. Equipped standard with electric brakes, it can also be outfitted with an optional intelligent brake control system.
U.S. Patent 7,488,030
A revolutionary roof
Its aluminium skin is made from a single sheet, without any joints. It is opened or closed with electric actuators. Its crescent-shaped windows are made from tinted tempered glass. Once closed, the retractable roof creates an aerodynamic shape, which gives the Alto a drag ratio 75% lowerthat a traditional travel trailer.
When the roof is closed the Alto has an exterior height of only 2,10m (83") and can therefore fit nicely inside a garage. Once the roof is opened, the Alto offers highly comfortable living space with an interior height of 2,08m (82"). Its front dinette is usable even when the rear bed is set up. The beds, fridge, storage and toilet are all usable when the roof is down. Two distinct dining areas are available by simply moving the table.
U.S. Patent 7,488,030
Spacious rear dining area
2 single beds 27" x 76" ...
...convert into one king-size bed 72" x 76"
Cabinets with sliding shelves and 3.1 ft3
Single bed 36" x 81"...
...converts into a front dinette.
Exterior storage compartment.
Toilet/closet and storage.
Model 1713 Floor Plan
- Fixed toilet with 46 L black water tank
- King-siza bed converts into 2 single beds
- Front dinette usable even when the rear bed is set up
- The table can be moved to create two distinct dining areas : a two-seat and a five-seat dinette
- 32 inch wide corridor between the counter and the toilet cabinet
The Alto's Technology
- Aluminium frame and floor
- Alufiber exterior and aluminium interior on the walls and roof
- Aluminium roof without any joints
- Cabinets made of aluminium and composite materials
- Ultra light sandwich construction panels integrated in the bed cushions
- Bed structure entirely constructed from aluminium extrusions
- Powerful electric brakes standard
- Optional intelligent brake controller can be installed inside the Alto
- Electric folding rear cushion
- Feather weight of 1 635lbs (741kg)
- Towable by most compact cars or smal SUVs
- Electric retractable roof lowers aerodynamic drag and centre of gravity
- Fits inside most garages with its height of 83" with the roof closed
- Sides of the electric retractable roof are completely covered in tinted tempered glass
- Aerodynamic shape developed in a virtual wind tunnel
- Aerodynamic drag coeffcient is 75% lower than that of a traditional 16" travel trailer
- Aerodynamic holding tanks built into the frame
- Optional flexible solar panels available in either 68 or 136 watts
- A very low centre of gravity ensures optimal stability
- U.S. Patent 7,488,030